We invite you to enrich our professional and academic environment by sharing the abstract of your report, research or document.
The Abstract Submission is extended until 15 February 2023.
Here you will find how to submit your work to EUROSON 2023, as well as all the information to help you through the process, from abstract submission to preparing your presentation at the conference.
Abstract submission guidelines
Abstracts for EUROSON 2023 should be submitted from 1st of June 2022 until 15th of February, 2023
It is possible to submit an abstract for oral presentation or poster.
- Scientific Abstracts must be submitted with the following sections: Actuality and Aim, Material and Methods, Results, Conclusions, Acknowledgements.
- Case reports must be submitted with the following sections: Background, Case report, Conclusions, Acknowledgements (will be evaluated for participation in Early Career Case Reports session if Oral presentation selected).
- Educational abstracts be submitted with the following sections: Learning objectives, Background, Findings, Conclusions, Acknowledgements.
Abstract language and editing
All abstracts have to be submitted in English. Please make sure that your abstract is appropriately structured and checked for English spelling and grammar. By following all instructions, you ensure that our language and editing standards are met, thereby making your abstract reader-friendly. If you wish to edit or withdraw your abstract after the submission, please contact the abstract submission team at [email protected].
Title should contain Latin characters. Titles should all be lower cases except for the first letter of the title, acronyms, proper names or after colons.
It is mandatory to have at least 1 keyword.
The submitted abstract should be research in the ultrasound field, including multiparametric ultrasound features.
There should be all authors listed, but the abstract needs to be submitted by the presenting author. The presenter will receive all notifications and needs to participate in the congress.
Each abstract should consist of the following: actuality and aim, methods, results, conclusions and acknowledgements – all together not exceeding 250 words.
It is possible to upload 3 images in JPG format no larger than 20 MB and 1 video in MP4 format not larger than 100 MB.
Decision notifications (acceptance or rejection) will be sent by email to the presenter in February 2023.
Case report contest
Early Career Case Reports will be evaluated for a session to be held at EUROSON 2023 and can be submitted via the website by certified physicians/trainees within 5 years qualification from medical school. The oral presentations should not exceed 6 minutes, followed by 3 minutes discussion competing for a prize of free registration for EUROSON 2024 in Naples, Italy and a cash prize of 100 euros for the runner up.
The best reports will be published on the EFSUMB website as a Case of the Month.
The material used (mandatory)
I affirm to the EUROSON 2023 organisers that my abstract does not contain unlawful material, as well it does not contain any material that invades the right of privacy or copyrights owned.
Patient privacy (mandatory)
I affirm that my abstract does not contain material revealing patient identity. If there is any chance that a patient can be identified, I confirm to have obtained written informed patient consent for use in this abstract.
Copyright and licenses (mandatory)
I affirm that I have the right to assign a license to my work.
I further affirm that if my work contains any material that has been previously published, I was entitled to use this material by applicable law or have obtained a transferable license from the copyright holder.
If my study is under evaluation/accepted/published in a scientific journal, I understand that I am advised to consult the respective editorial office regarding copyright and license issues. I also affirm that I will acknowledge in writing the interim (i.e. between abstract submission and congress presentation) acceptance/publication of the study in a scientific journal during my presentation at EUROSON 2023.
Co-authors’ agreement (mandatory)
If my abstract is submitted on behalf of co-authors, I warrant that I was given the authorization to represent the other co-authors (co-licensors) as listed in the author line of this abstract.
Presenter registration (mandatory)
I understand that the presenting author of each accepted abstract has to register for EUROSON 2023 to hold a presentation at the congress.
Abstract publication (mandatory)
I understand that if this abstract is accepted, it will be published in the EUROSON 2023 Book of Abstracts.
Abstract Submission Terms and Conditions
By submitting an abstract you have agreed to the terms and conditions as set out below.
1. Providing permission on behalf of all presenters, if it is accepted for presentation, to
publish, reproduce, distribute, display and store the abstract, together with author names.
2. The author is responsible for the accuracy of the abstract and ensure that they have
written entirely original work which does not infringe any copyright.
3. The corresponding author should ensure that all appropriate co-authors are included on
the abstract and that the submission has been approved by all authors.
4. At least one author must be available to present the abstract if selected for the
programme for either an oral or poster presentation.
5. All authors presenting at the conference must register and pay to attend the conference
as a delegate or the abstract will be withdrawn. The authors shall notify the organizing
committee if they are unable to present an abstract or if the presenting author is changed.
6. Any conflicts of interest with any organisations or funding, must be declared on the title
slide for oral presentations or at the bottom of the poster for poster presentations.
7. Permission is implied to photograph your oral presentation at the conference, which may
be used on the website.
8. Abstracts will be reviewed by a panel with the final decision based on the standard of the
content being made by the scientific committee.
9. Acceptance of an abstract does not imply provision of travel, accommodation or
registration for the conference, nor any other cost associated with preparation or
presentation of the abstract.