We – Latvian Ultrasound Association, Reg. Nr. 40008076009 – recognise that personal information is your value and will process it with due regard for the confidentiality and security of your personal information.
This notice describes how we process our customers’ data, whose data may become available to us in our business. We assume that you have read this notice and accepted its terms before using our website or registering on the portal. This notice aims to give you an overview of our personal data processing activities and objectives. However, please note that there may be additional information about processing your data elsewhere on the web page. We want to inform you that the personal data processing rules contained in this notice apply only to the processing of personal data of individuals.
For what purposes do we process your personal data, and what is the legal basis for the processing of personal data?
- For registering to the webpage, you need to provide your name, surname and email address.
- For registering for the conference and issuing a bill, you must provide your name/ business name, payment method, and billing address.
- For using our website, we collect technical data – clicks, views, device type, browser, and IP address.
How do we share information?
We share your information with the service providers and organisations with whom we are cooperating to secure the services of the website, billing and the conference:
- Webpage developing and hosting – LTD Selected Agency, reg. nr. 40103907749
- Event production and payments – LTD 3K Management, reg. nr. LV40103179364
- Registration management and processing – LTD ABC idea, reg. nr. 40103285126, LTD 3K Management, reg. nr. LV40103179364
- Webpage attendance and analytics – Google Analytics
- Email marketing service
- Registered participants – European Federation of Societies for Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology, LTD ABC idea, reg. nr. 40103285126, LTD 3K Management, reg. nr. LV40103179364
You must know
- our service providers comply with all applicable data protection laws;
- we are a European Union organisation, so we follow EU laws, including the magic four-letter word GDPR;
- we may transfer personal data to service providers outside the European Union. In this case, we will make sure that there is a sufficient level of protection and adequate guarantees and ask the service provider to comply with the data protection laws;
- we might have a legal obligation to share personal data if it is required by law or when public authorities request information.
How long do we keep information?
We keep personal data for as long as you maintain your account or otherwise necessary to provide you services and support.
After the termination of our relationship, we may continue to store certain information to comply with our legal obligations. For example, we will keep billing information for tax purposes for five years, resolve disputes (if any), and prevent fraud.
Suppose you revoke your consent (for example, for marketing purposes). In that case, we delete personal data unless further processing is permitted or required under the applicable law.
Subject to any exemptions provided by law, you have the following rights regarding personal data:
- Ask copy – you may request access to your personal data that we process.
- Ask for correction – if the information is out of date or incorrect, you may ask for correction.
- Ask erasure – you may request to delete data or request the termination of the processing of personal data. Please note that there may be exceptions to this right, for example, if we have a legal obligation to retain personal data.
- Ask to stop or restrict processing. You may obtain restriction of processing if, for example, you contest the accuracy of the personal data or the processing is unlawful, and you oppose the erasure and request the restriction.
- Withdraw consent. If processing is based on consent (for example, we send marketing emails), you can revoke.
consent at any time.
- Submit a complaint. Submit a complaint to the supervisory authority. Please get in touch with us first to resolve any concerns.
Don’t hesitate to get in touch with us by email to exercise your rights.
The responsible person regarding data processing within The Latvian Society of Ultrasound (Viktors Linovs).
Contact information for any questions related to GDPR issues – [email protected]
Effective as of 24 May 2022.